A person can deny that they need to have their air conditioner fixed, but many signs show you when your air conditioner needs repair. These include high energy bills, loud noises coming from the unit, and a dirty filter. All of these things indicate the probability of needing repairs for your air conditioner, so it is best to get them fixed before you experience any other issues.
Living in a home without air conditioning can be unbearable during the summer. The heat is so intense that you might not want to go outside, and all you have to look forward to are hot showers at night. But what if your AC suddenly stops working? This article will show you some signs that indicate when it’s time for an AC repair.
How do you know if your air conditioner is dying?
It might seem like the hottest days of summer are over, but they’re not. When your air conditioning system isn’t working correctly, it will keep you hot and uncomfortable in your home or office. Several signs point to a need for AC repair. If you notice any of these symptoms, contact us today!
- It’s too cold indoors: This is one sign that points to an issue with your thermostat setting or insufficient ventilation. Make sure you’ve set the thermostat as appropriate and open up windows for better airflow if possible.
- You can hear a clicking sound coming from inside the unit: A clicking noise could be caused by something as simple as dust on the unit’s blower motor.
- Your temperature gauge is showing higher than regular readings.
- Your AC unit is making strange noises like squeaking and buzzing.
- You notice dust and dirt collecting on your coils (the part inside the system that cools). These are all clear indicators that you may need air conditioner repair soon!
How often do AC units need to be repaired?
While the specific answer to this question will vary depending on the make and model of your AC unit, as a general rule, you should have it serviced at least once a year. Of course, if you live in a particularly hot or humid climate, you may need to have it serviced more often than that.
Many homeowners are not very knowledgeable when it comes to the upkeep of their HVAC systems. For example, many people don’t know how often they should have their air conditioner serviced or repaired. We will outline a few things that you need to know to keep your system in top shape and avoid costly repairs down the road. If you want your AC unit running at its best all year round, be sure to have it professionally inspected twice a year- once before summer and once before winter.